Based in Bristol, UK
5 August, 2016
Apple App Store
To The Throne is a minimalist puzzle game with GameBoy inspired visuals that follows the trials of a young king and his advisor as he earns the right to the true throne.
To The Throne is the second title released by Raredrop Games and its second for iOS.
- Join King Kingsley and his royal advisor Bitsworth as they contend with the many challenges inside the Tower of Trials.
- Solve fiendish puzzles to reach the Lesser Thrones and claim the scattered pieces of the Royal Emblem.
- Reach each goal using simple block moving mechanics that are easy to learn but tricky to master!
- Immerse yourself in a "medieval-retro-chiptune" soundtrack by Luke Thomas, now available on Spotify and iTunes.
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for To The Throne. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "While I’m still pretty early on in To The Throne, I’m enjoying it so far. The visuals are great, though the colors are a bit more vibrant than actual Game Boy tones, the medieval chiptunes are rad, and the controls are simple to pick up but difficult to master, of course."
- Christine Chan, AppAdvice
- "It's best described as 2011's puzzle platformer Catherine plonked on Gameboy and given a medieval theme."
- Glen Fox, Pocket Gamer
- "As a child of the '80s, I'm always down for the Game Boy aesthetic, which To The Throne does quite well."
- Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
Raredrop Games allows for the contents of To The Throne to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from To The Throne is legally & explicitly allowed by Raredrop Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.raredropgames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=to_the_throne.
About Raredrop Games
Raredrop Games is an independent games company based in Bristol, UK.
More information on Raredrop Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
To The Throne Credits
Game Design and Development, Raredrop Games
SFX and Music, Freelancer